Monday, March 07, 2011

Fat Fridays- A pizza, a Salad, a happy tummy.

Fat friday, 4 days late. I have been trying to add photos to this silly blog for over a week. And I am not impressed. Today I finally got these two photos up on what feels like a fluke. When I went back to some old posts to add photos the same problem occured. I am seriously considering starting a new blog somewhere else and exporting this one. Ugh.

That off my chest, Friday was my weekly weigh in and I was quite happy with it. I finished the first week of the second month and I lost 1.4lbs, to a total of 7.6lbs since joining monthly pass. I am .3lbs away from breaking into the next set of tens. Hopefully I will also break into my 10lbs. It's something to look forward to. So

Month 1: 6.2 lbs
Week 1: 1.4 lbs
Total : 7.6lbs

Another happy thought is that I have already lost 16 of my 58lbs of baby weight without struggling and that makes me even more excited.

This week i'm focusing on 2 different ends of the lunch spectrum. Salad, and Pizza.

I have never been a huge salad fan but over the last year I have been learning to enjoy them. However there is alot of sticker shock when it comes to restaurant salads as they can sometimes have alot of hidden calories. When I make a salad I try to keep the dressing low in points but big in size. I also like alot of vinegar so I thin and stretch out the dressing by adding some. I can't eat just lettuce so I try to pile in as many crunchy and delicious things as possible.

This is my chicken pear salad. Its huge, it's tangy, sweet and filling, not to mention balanced. This is my go to salad on days where I know I need to get more greens in. Make sure you pick one of your bigger bowls when you make this!

CHICKEN PEAR SALAD


2 generous handfuls of leafy lettuce- Mine was romaine and spinach
1 pear, any type diced into cubes
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
30g cheddar, diced small
Cucumber, cut into discs and halved
2oz chicken breast, cleaned and cubed
Hot sauce
salt and pepper
1 tbsp dijon
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp low fat sour cream
cider vinegar- your pick how much


cook the chicken in a fry pan on medium high until well browned and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. add a few shakes off hot sauce to the pan and saute for a minute before removing chicken from heat.

Whisk together dijon, olive oil, sour cream, vinegar and more salt n pepper in a small bowl. Layer rest of salad ingredients together in a bowl, topping with chicken and dressing. Total points value, 10 pts.

Now the day after my salad I find myself feeling like i need a carb. I'm starting to feel like I am craving something a little less resposnsible. What better way to flfill the need without ruining everything or using up all my bonus points for the week? PITA PIZZA.

This is a go to pizza I make for the hubsters and myself. And when my son is old enough to eat pizza, I am hoping this will be the only kind of pizza he knows. Or as he gets older, at least prefers.

PITA PIZZA


1 Weight Watchers pita (Or any pita of choice that is 4pts or under)
1/4 cup marinara sauce
15g part skim mozzarella
5-10g goat cheese or feta
5 turkey pepperoni
mushrooms
peppers

Turn oven on to 375F. Spread all ingredients on the pizza in your favourite way. Bake until melty and serve with salad or veggies and dip. Points total? 7! 7 points for a pizza. And 10 for a salad. Who'da'thunk.









No comments: