Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines BBQ

Valentines day! Chocolate! Candy! Dinner out! Oh Goodness what will this do to my diet?

For our valentines day I specifically asked for NO CHOCOLATE AND CANDY. That was hard. Because frankly, while Candy hurts my teeth and was an ok pass up chocolate is one of my favourite things on the planet. But seeing as how we're trying very hard to turn a healthy leaf I opted to let the chocolate go. Besides, I have a bag of chocolate in my pantry from Christmas still. ;)

While weening off my chocoholism i'm only human and still want to enjoy my time with the hubsters. That said, we decided to go out for KOREAN BBQ! For anyone (of all 4 of you who read this) that have never been to Korean BBQ, let me break it down for you.

Table + BBQ GRILL = BBQ GRILL TABLE. You order all you can eat, and order individual items you like to eat. Its sushi rolls, kimchi, radish, tofu, salad, miso soup, and all kinds of meat, seafood and veggies. Short ribs, chicken, sliced beef, salmon or bass filet, shrimp, pork, calamari, pineapple, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini the list goes on!



Most items are served to you raw- thats right, raw. Now before you start rambling on about "When I go out to pay for dinner im not going out to cook it myself" relax a little, have some fun!

You place the meat and veggies on the grill and flip it and cook it as you like. Everything is cut considerably thin so it cooks fast. With the exception of the fish flet which is a full filet and takes longer. But not by much. This way, you are not stuffing your face all at once. You are talking time, eating slower, and most importantly; making dinner time last and conversing with your company.


I had my first taste of Plum Wine and it is a wild new favourite. I'll probably get it everytime I eat Sushi or Korean or Thai!

The best part of this whole delicious experience is the points value. The veggies and Fruit? Zero. The radish? Zero. The salad? 1 pt. The wine? 6 pts. The beef, short ribs, Chicken and Fish? Basically 1-3 pts a piece. My dinner was awesomesauce. The downside is that I definitely go way over on my meat intake for the day but alas. It's a treat night out for a reason. We also had greentea ice cream. So good. mmm.

I highly suggest Korean Barbeque for a night out, a new experience and delicious food.


No comments: