Monday, January 31, 2011

Diet? What Diet?

Well I havent mentions Weight Watchers in a while, which is because frankly I blew it off. That is the bad news. The good news is, I maintained. If I hadn't blown it off I could have potentially lost over 20lbs by now. Too bad for me, i'll have to remember that when I feel like falling off. I have a long ways to go, and in some ways I wasn't entirely ready to fully commit. I'm not always sure I am now. One day at a time. I came out of Christmas only 1lb heavier- and I give myself a pat on the back for that!

I restarted my WW treck a few days ago and am trying to have fun with it and not fall into boredom with the dishes. I went shopping and spent 90% of my time in the outside sections gathering up as many fruit, veggies, lean meats and dairy I could think of. I took my calculator with me so that when I was in the centre isles and something caught my eye I could see how much it was worth. I found myself in the cookie aisle- I turned around and avoided the torture. I found a few things I have never cooked with before and will be experimenting with them for the next couple weeks.

Another form of food I have been working with is SUPPERWORKS. Supperworks is awesome! It is a meal assembly business that features monthly menu's. You select what you like, and want to make. You show up, they give you an apron and you go around a prep kitchen putting together meals with pre washed, cut foods etc. Then you freeze it all and as you need them you take them out and bake-slowcook- saute as directed.


I have found that by using this service I
...

A) have something just for me that is fun and relaxing

B) Get time to myself OR get time to bond with family or friends that come with me


C) have more homecooked, healthy balanced meals ALOT more often. Especially since baby arrived.


D) Have better use of my grocery budget as I am using exactly what I paid for with no wasted foods that expire etc.


When I got home from the store I was starving! Luckily hubby was home to play with baby while I whipped up some deliciousness. What I came up with was delicious and felt nothing like diet food. It was incase you cant tell from me saying it again, DELICIOUS.


CHICKEN AND CHEDDAR TOSTADA


(I dont know what constitutes a tostada besides the giant chip...)

2 Tostada Chips
3oz chicken breast, cut into small cubes

granulated garlic
salt
pepper
1 tsp Olive Oil

4 tbsp marinara, divided
2 oz old cheddar, grated, divided

1 tbsp crumbled feta, divided

cook chicken in olive oil with spices until cooked. Layer remaining ingredients onto both chips with chicken under the cheeses.

Chip, Marinara, Chicken, Cheese.


Broil on middle rack until melted. Yum! Simple! fast!
I had mine with fresh veggies and my other new obsession- Kraft Asian Sesame dressing. The Tostadas worked out to 4.5 pts each and the dressing was 2pts. Thats 11 pts. 4.5 each tostada and 2 for the dressing. Tomorrow I will probably make it again! i need to incorporate more veg though!

No comments: