Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet and Delicious Lemonade

NEW INTERNET! DECENT INTERNET!

The possibility to blog and it not take 3 hours an update = <3>

Lately I have had a real sweet n sour tooth. What can be considered a delicious summer (or given the time of year, end of summer) drink? LEMONADE!

Not only delicious to make for yourself, it's awesome for guests. Its something thats both fast and easy and says "I want to treat you real nice" without blood sweat and tears.

one of the so called cardinal rules of lemonade is to always use fresh lemons. But you know what? Ain't nothing wrong with mixing ready to go lemon juice with some fresh lemons. Like when for example? Like when you realize you only have 2 lemons left but have a full bottle of Realemon. Booyah!

Lemonade tip #1- 1 large lemon contains roughly 1/4 cup of juice.

Lemonade tip #2- pink lemonade is simply lemonade with Grenadine. Easily added, easily left out.

Lovely Lovely Lemonade





* 8 lemons and 1 more for decor
* 1 cup of sugar
* A splash or two of grenadine syrup
* 1 pinch of salt
* Lots of cool, clear water
* Lots of ice cubes

Start by taking out the pitcher you plan to use to store and serve this refreshing deliciousness. I use a 2 quart stone or plastic pitcher- you can do this with a punch bowl for larger parties too. (In fact, I started making lemonade because I had a beautiful pitcher and was getting aggravated trying to figure out when to use it)

The first time I made this recipe I zested all the lemons and it made for a chunky drink. DONT ZEST THEM ALL- keep it to a minimum, 2 or 3 maybe. Zest is for maximum fragrance and strong lemon flavour so do the math.

1. using a small bowl zest SOME lemons. Juice the living life out of 8 of the lemons, reserving the 9th. If you dont have that many- refer back to helpful tip #1.

2. Whisk in the sugar and salt. They won’t dissolve perfectly in the juice but will in the water.

3. Fill a two-quart pitcher halfway with ice cubes. Add the lemon syrup and top up with cold water. Stir in grenadine syrup until you like the color, or leave it out.

4. Slice up the reserved lemon thinly and place in the water for visual effect- and just a pinch more lemon flavour!

The recipe I had said to serve immediately. I have made it ahead just before guest arrive and then kept the leftover in the fridge. It tastes fine to me the next day. But then your ice is melted. If you need to make it ahead I would suggest either just doing the lemon bit and adding the sugar and water upon serving time or make the sugar and keep it in the fridge. I dont suggest making it the day before, to be safe.

ENJOY! This recipe is short and sweet (n sour ha) so dont be fooled by my huge bloggy jargin of over explanation. I hope you like this recipe as much as me, and I hope when my son is old enough to do the lemonade stand thing, I can whip this up for the neighbourhood.

No comments: