Friday, January 12, 2007

It's Set!

Well...im in the end of my second week as a fiance and i am tired! hee hee hee. I am pleased to say that we set a date!!!!


JUNE 7th, 2008!


I am feeling nostalgicly bride like so my movie choice of the week for feeling warm and cozy is...


FATHER OF THE BRIDE!



I booked my hall, The Renaissance Parque. My dad went to high school with the owner and they have mutual friends a business partners, so i know i can trust them to do a good job. I feel like Matt and I are getting a little bit of Royal Treatment and i can't say i don't mind :P He gave us a total deluxe open bar and a room for 500 people as long as give him 280 ppl. Most people would ask for like 400...so yes...great guy!


We also got first choice at Saint John's Crystostom RCC, and the priest marrying us also baptised Matty. So that is nice! And the man is sooo nice and reallly funny. The good old fashioned funny. They were very nice to meet with and lucky us they aren't too strict on how often we come to church. We have to go often enough but we dont need numbered envelopes they keep track of. My sister had that unfortunate situation where her angry irish catholic priest made them go every week and donate 20 bucks each time and then gave them no choice in their ceremony type. We got the choice of old or new, and hands down we chose THE OLD WAY. Because the church is trying to shed their reputation for treating women like commodities in the old days, they have instated a new ceremony. The Bride and Groom walk down the isle first, hand in hand. Then the mothers follow, then the fathers, then the maid of honour and then the following party. So my father had to watch his first child walk down the isle...from behind!


Well it pissed me off so..i refused to do it. Luckily this church let us choose. There is no pressure to be any certain way and its making me feel more comfortable with rejoining the church. God knows I've had my issues with it! The church itself is pretty too! In an effort to pass the next year as fast as possible I am thinking about even joining fundraisers and stuff the church may have... I loved doing that stuff in school so it may be nice to do once in a while. We missed our Childrens Aid Christmas Gift deliveries this year and I need my dose of community service!


Dare me to put my bridemaids in a dress like this? I wont but it gives me a base!

Matt's timing for his proposal worked out well! We realized the big bridal show was being put on in Toronto the week after! (which was last week)

I was very excited to go, but promised myself to remain calm. Kristin, one of my bridemaids and my Aunt Anna came with me and Kristin turned herself into a handy dandy pamplet taker and bag carrier. The woman wouldn't let me carry anything! I LOVE YOU KRISTIN! hee hee. I wasnt overtly impressed with the actual place...it was cool for what it was but i wasnt like WOW! IM IN BRIDAL HEAVEN! I was looking forward to seeing colour ideas and stuff to that effect. Instead i walked around having pamplets handed to me every 30 seconds and i wrote out my name and address and email down like 20 times. The fashion show was fun to watch even though none of the dresses were the type i would get but hey hey! Still fun to watch. They were handing out everything from huge planners to magazines and cheesecake flavoured lubricant! serious! When i got home I emptied out my free william ashley bags like it was halloween candy! The picture doesn't really do the amount of papers i had justice! They look like small piles but most of the piles have at least 20 pamplets!





Soon I will be booking our photographer, scoping out a dj and getting my bridal binder going!
Holy Hannah i cant believe how much i wrote! sorry people!


Now im very sleepy and i think i should go to sleep! Tune in next time for a cheesy yummy throwback mac and cheese!

No comments: