Friday, February 25, 2011

Fat Friday- a small but significant weigh in

Well its fat friday- also known as weigh in day. Today's weigh in concluded the first month of the diet. This week was AWFUL and TASTY. I'll start with my Weigh in.

Week 1- 2.6 lbs
Week 2- 1.0 lbs
Week 3- 2.4 lbs
Week 4- 0.2 lbs
Total Loss in first month- 6.2lbs

Now, I could complain that I only lost 0.2 lbs. However if you look at the physical size 0.2 takes it is the size of a box of Irish Spring soap. Did I feel disappointed I didn't lose a larger number? Yes. Am I discouraged? No.

My week was jam packed with family and work functions. 4 days in a row where I had zero control over my dinner.

Saturday- My brother in law makes dinner for a family birthday party. Ravioli and sausage lasagna, extra cheese. Garlic bread, and caesar salad with croutons and bacon. Plus cake.

Sunday- Hubby had a work function at a local Italian restaurant. This was mainly my fault but there is a reason we have bonus points. I had 2 glasses of wine. I only needed 1. I had 2 cups of coffee and nutella icecream. I just needed one coffee, no dessert. I could have ordered wood fired pizza or hand tossed pasta. But I didn't. I ordered Blackened tilapia with Potatos and Veggies. Delicious. But the veggies were smothered in a butter sauce. I enjoyed my night, but felt like I cut it close and did eat too much.



Monday- Family day get together with the grandparents and my parents and sister's fam. My Nonna made home made Gnocchi. Which I haven't had in forever. It was amazing, as always. Luckily for me my nonna still made lots of veggies and chicken, and rabbit. I didn't eat the rabbit. eek.


Tuesday- now, this is the greatest accomplishment for me in a long time! I made banana cupcakes with honey cinnamon buttercream. I had a wee taste of the icing, and i took what can barely be considered a bite from my hubbies serving, to make sure they were good. I took them to a bridesmaids get together. I didn't have one. NOT ONE. I wish I had but im already over it. It's been a long time since I was able to walk away from a pastry. The food that was available to me was pita chips, doritos, and lots and lots of pre fried Asian potstickers. Spring rolls, dumplings, etc. All yummy. And I did eat them but it was really very hard to guess the amount of points and what was available online seemed way too low in point value. From now on, I'm going to make a point out of being the person who brings a veggie plate- or at least asks the hostess if someone is bringing one.

Seeing as I had such a giant week of food, it goes without saying that I ran out of my bonus points pretty early. I did get through the week ok. Looking back on the week I realize that I didn't drink water really at all, the whole week. So not good. I can't say I have ever been very good at water consumption or even liquid consumption my whole life. I'm working on it. Today I have had 3 cups water, a tea and a coke zero. It's a start. So im not shocked I only lost 0.2lbs and ruined my average of 2 lbs a week. I'm just glad I lost something as opposed to nothing, and didn't gain. I think a gain this early in the gain would hinder my confidence and send me into one of my messy eat everything in site cause im upset spirals. But This week i'm gonna rock it. MMM HMM.



No comments: