Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ham Broccoli Braid- I return to my blog

Blogging world! Or Should I say one follower- ha ha. I am back. For how long, I do not know. But I do have the goal to get blogging more as a form of company, as I am working nights right now and my hubby is asleep ten minutes after i get home. Therefore my usual entertainment is down for the count. We are believe it or not, STILL WAITING ON OUR KITCHEN AND APARTMENT. But it is literally, this time, 6-8 weeks away. 4 weeks ago i was told 6 weeks, no surprise here. I've waited 2 years I suppose I can handle 1-2 more months. As long as I am fully moved in for Christmas, I won't bite yet. That said, today's recipe is a home made one so Dave, you will be happy about that.

HAM AND BROCCOLI BRAID





This is my mother in law's recipe that she introduced me to. It may be from pampered chef, I'm not sure. either way, easy, cheesy, delicious.

• 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
• 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
• 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, combine ham, broccoli, onion, parsley, mustard and cheese. Stir well.






Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side.



**For me, the dough came out of the can like it hated me and the perforations refused to stay together so I had to get to pounding it back together, and just sort of winged it**



Spread the filling along the center strip. Fold the side strips over filling, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.






Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until deep golden brown.

No comments: