Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Thats a spicy pasta (and a sexy dress!)

Hello everyone!

Lot's of crazy things going on in my little corner of the world! I've been so good at staying on top of this wedding planning,working full time as a cook and then a baker, getting ready to move, and more that my poor blog had to take a backseat for a bit. Not because I don't love it, or whoever out there reads this but because I just am too wrapped up!

So this week I shall bring you a sexy, spicy new pasta I tried out on matt recently. 2 spicy italian sausage (yay for meat counters)I hadn't had pasta in weeks and being that I'm an Italian girl who's spent her life eating pasta 2x a week, i needed a hit.

I was thinking about a soup I saw rachael ray make that had sausage in it and i thoughts mmmm. But it was a thick soup (she calls it stoup, its adorable) and when i was trying to come up with recipes i wanted the ground sausage. I also wanted pasta....why not try a twist on bolognese? but i need veggies in me today...peppers? peppers are boring! cubanelle peppers?

Long, shiny, different... i'll do it!

So matt documented as i cooked this up....

SPICY SAUSAGE AND CUBANELLE BOLOGNESE ON RIGATONI


2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 hot italian sausage, removed from casings
1 cubanelle pepper, diced
1 lg can crushed tomatoes
1 sm can diced tomatoes (I live by Aurora)
1/2 cup of warm ro room temperature water
salt and pepper
garlic salt
Olive oil
350 grams rigatoni


In a hot large sized sauce pan (or just your fave pot you know can handle a litre ...ish or 2) brown the sausage, breaking into chunks. halfway through browning toss in the onions and sweat. When onions are translucent and sausage is brown toss in the garlic. Stir about for a minute to release oils and flavour and add the peppers. If looking dry, add a turn of the pan of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to flavour. Cook until peppers are browning and starting to soften.


Add all your tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 35-40 minutes until sauce has thickened and peppers are mega soft.

Mix with rigatoni, and enjoy the pockets of yummy sauce in the pasta.


MMMMM. It was really good but i didn't break up the sausage as much as I would prefer! We gave it 4/5 and docked it the 1 point for a sometimes status as opposed to often and always status lol.

WEDDING NEWS!

Well the bridemaids are singing as they all got to see the dress we chose for them. It's very gorgeous when you see it upclose and personal. And the colour we tried it on in (and ordered it in) is COOLWATER. a very light blue green pastel. gorgeous!



unfortunately this dress shot is pink. When i get the shots from the ladies of the real dress I will post it!

No comments: